CUP-IBS School, University of Science and Technology
Center for Underground Physics (CUP) was selected as one of physics center of the institute for Basic Science (IBS). Since ‘IBS School, UST’ was established at September 2014, CUP UST started a doctoral program with an opportunity to participate in leading research of the center.
CUP is world leading research center in astroparticle physics with various physics aspects such as dark matter, neutrinoless double beta decay, and neutrino oscillation. CUP also developed frontier technologies for radio assay, purification, crystal growing, and particle detectors for such physics programs.
CUP UST program operates the integrated MS/Ph.D program and Ph.D program in astroparticle physics for outstanding students from around world. CUP UST program provides astroparticle physics as well as frontier technology related courses together with basic physics courses in nearby university.
CUP UST program provides all students with a generous stipend, tuition grants, dormitory and other benefits. Moreover, students have the opprtunities to participate in overseas training at global universities and research institutions, as well as international academic conferences and workshops.
|Classical MechanicsElectromagnetism I, IIQuantum Mechanics I, IIStastical Physics||Nuclear PhysicsParticle PhysicsPhysics for DetectorAstroparticle Physics||Field Study 1Field Study 2Field Study 3Field Study 4Field Study 5Field Study 6Field Study 7Field Study 8||Seminar for Astro-Particle Physics 1Seminar for Astro-Particle Physics 2||Kim, YeongdukKim, Young-HambLee, HyunsuLee, Moohyun|
- Kim, Wootae / E-mail : email@example.com / Intergrated PhD course / Supervisor Kim, Yeongduk
- Kwon, Dohyung / E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org / Intergrated PhD course / Supervisor Kim, Yong-Hamb
- Park, Byungju / E-mail : email@example.com / Intergrated PhD course / Supervisor Lee, Hyunsu
- Woo, Kyungrae / E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org /Intergrated PhD course / Supervisor Kim, Yong-Hamb
2019 UST Admission Timeline
- Online Admission Application : August 20 ~ September 21, 2019
– Access to UST Online Admission System(http://apply.ust.ac.kr)
- Document Supplement Period : October 15 ~ October 17, 2019
- Announcement of Successful Applicants of the First Selection : November 7, 2019
- The second Selection(In-depth Interview in each field of study) : November 14~21, 2019
- Announcement of of Final Successful Applicants : December 12, 2019
- Admission Registration : December 13 ~ December 20, 2019
Further information : plase visit https://admission.ust.ac.kr